Time to gather for 90 minutes to decide on our next theme for the following Saturday Night Event.

Discussion Replies

1. ibozo
    0 votes
    ibozo (10/07/10)
    I won't be able to make this one, my daughter thinks her wedding should take priority.
    1. Theresa111
      0 votes
      Theresa111 (10/08/10)
      Congratulations Greg and Best Wishes to the Bride!
  2. EcoMeg
    0 votes
    EcoMeg (10/07/10)
    Hi Theresa - what are the Sat night events? Cooking lessons or general discussions? Thanks!
    1. Theresa111
      0 votes
      Theresa111 (10/08/10)
      If you go back in the discussions you will see events of different types, where we make or cook or bake something and then we upload photos, recipes and mostly we gather to chat and catch up.
  3. rescuepits1
    0 votes
    rescuepits1 (10/08/10)
    As a newer member who rarely has much to contribute yet due to trying to move, sick kids, and so on -- I am unfamiliar with this, also. Are these on webcam, IM type chatting, emailing back and forth? I do have capacity to use my very nice webcam; but have never touched it and wouldn't know how to use it if I tried! If this is the case, please give me some time to bone up on skills I should already have! Should I already have something prepared, photographed, and ready to discuss? I don't really see how it works. Thanks for tolerating the sometimes-ignorant!! lol
    1. Theresa111
      0 votes
      Theresa111 (10/08/10)
      No web cam. Looks like this was on very short time-line so perhaps we can schedule a next Saturday Night Event. I'll come up with a theme and all we do is show up. Cook something at home and photograph it.

Here is a link to the one about preserving:

www.halfhourmeals.com/community/entry/saturday-130pm-talking-chocolate
  4. EcoMeg
    0 votes
    EcoMeg (10/08/10)
    How 'bout picking a seasonal ingredient that all recipes should include - like pumpkin? Or a Halloween-themed dish?
    1. Theresa111
      0 votes
      Theresa111 (10/09/10)
      Sounds good to me.
  5. Theresa111
    0 votes
    Theresa111 (10/09/10)
    Sounds like Pumpkin, Squash Halloween theme will be the hot topic for next Saturday Night. Bake, cook, snaps photos and show up 6PM EST.
  6. sugarpies
    0 votes
    sugarpies (10/10/10)
    Hmmm... I guess I'll have to shoot for the Halloween theme. I have taken a pledge NOT to include Pumpkin this year.
  7. amybyrd21
    0 votes
    amybyrd21 (10/10/10)
    I think we should have one for fall cooking. Soups stews apple desserts and such. Ihave pumpkins that need cooking too lol.
    1. Theresa111
      0 votes
      Theresa111 (10/10/10)
      Really good idea! Fall Cooking it is and this will cover all aspects of this season, includins, halloween and pumpkins and all the exciting flavors of Fall. Thanks!

Add Your Comment

Concourse Media