add to shopping list Ingredients
1lb prawns buy heads on, shells on to be removed and reserved for prawn stock. For making the stock - refer here, and below *(1)- 4-6 cloves garlic minced- 1tbsp fermented soya beans, mashed well-
about 4 servings of rice vermiceilli-beehoon, soaked in hot water to
soften, drain and cut into - shorter lengths for easier frying- 1/2 lb spaghetti , boiled and set aside (Note: I find that spaghetti is typically a good alternative to yellow noodles which sometimes maybe made/preserved with too much alkali water)- 1 -2 cups chicken stock- 2 eggs, light beaten- 1/2 lb bean sprouts- 4-6 leaves of napa cabbage, cut into finger-lengths- 1 spring onion/scallions, cut into short lengths- white pepper to taste
*1. When I made my prawn stock then, I fried the prawn heads and shells with some oil and 1 tsp of pancetta (tip!),
to give it more flavor and robustness, before adding water to make up
the stock. If you have made the stock on the same day, use it. If
frozen previously, defrost for using.
2. Heat oil (1tbsp) in pan and fry the chopped garlic, pancetta and mashed soya beans till fragrant
3. Add in bean sprout, cabbage and stir fry for 1 min. Then add in eggs and stir fry another minute
4. Add in both types of noodles and 1/2 the reserved stock and let it simmer about 5mins
5. Add in prawns, salt and pepper and stir fry till heated through. Add more stock if needed
6. Add in spring onions and stir fry
7. Garnish with fried shallots , serve with sambal belacan chili + lime (Note: I'm almost tempted to cite this as an option but for me personally, these condiments/garnish pack it with much more oomph!)
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!