In this recipe, chicken strips are breaded, fried, doused in hot sauce, and sandwiched between flour tortillas with avocado and cheese. The cool, creamy avocado counterbalances the spicy chicken perfectly. This is such a fun dinner to kick up your weeknight!
1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
1 cup of your favorite hot sauce (we prefer Frank's Red Hot)
2 Tbsp butter
1 avocado, sliced
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 Flour Tortillas
1. Add the chicken tenders to a medium bowl; pour the buttermilk over and mix to ensure that the tenders are coated completely. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature.
2. Mix together the flour, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Add the chicken tenders and dredge completely.
3. Heat about an inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When heated, shake excess flour from chicken tenders and add to skillet. Fry until cooked through, golden brown and crispy, about 4 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second side. Fry in batches, removing each previous batch to a paper towel to drain.
4. While the chicken is cooking, heat the hot sauce and butter in a small skillet. Toss with the cooked chicken tenders.
5. Add a sprinkling of cheese to four tortillas. Top with two or three chicken strips, some sliced avocado, and another sprinkling of cheese. Top with a second tortilla.
6. Cook each quesadilla in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp. Slice and serve.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!