Serve over basmati rice or naan (or roti, or chapati, or tortilla, or other flatbread).
add to shopping list Ingredients
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground red pepper
2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 piece ginger, minced (1/2-inch long) or 1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno chile, minced
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2. Combine yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, red pepper, black pepper, cinnamon, salt and ginger in a zip lock plastic bag - shake and let sit for 15 - 30 mins.
3. Stir in chicken, marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or more.
4. Thread chicken onto skewers (or place in grill pan) and grill until done.
5. Melt butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat, add garlic and jalapeno; cook 1 minute.
6. Stir in coriander, cumin, paprika, garam masala and salt.
7. Stir in tomato sauce, simmer 15 minutes, stir in cream; simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
8. Add grilled chicken to sauce and simmer until chicken is heated.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!