While I'm not really a huge chocolate person, in that I don't like eating bars of chocolate, or chocolate candy (except Kinder Bueno hehe), I do love most chocolate-things. Chocolate cupcakes, (some) chocolate cakes, chocolate milkshakes, and truffles. Mmmmm. This is my favourite recipe for chocolate cupcakes. I love the nuttiness that using almond meal gives, and it's sort of derived from a chocolate sponge cake recipe that I tweaked a bit and whittled down for my enjoyment.
add to shopping list Ingredients
150g butter, softened
1½ cups brown sugar (pack the brown sugar in)
½ cup milk
½ cup almond meal
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
It's best served with a creamy buttercream topping, or if you're one of those hardcore chocoholics, then a chocolate icing would be in order here. Since I made these in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep, I've just dusted them lightly with icing sugar. (Makes about 20)
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C, and grease or line a cupcake tin.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together, using an electric mixer, until the mixture is pale and creamy.
3. Add in the eggs, and mix until smooth and completely incorporated.
4. Add in the milk and almond meal, and mix through briefly.
5. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, then mix one final time until well combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into cupcake tins (filling each one about ¾ full). Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7. Cool on a wire rack, and serve.
Note: If icing/topping with buttercream, remember to cool the cakes completely, or the topping will probably melt.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!