**Do chocolate truffles really need introduction?! It's chocolate! It's good! Try it!**
add to shopping list Ingredients
250g good dark chocolate ( at least 70% cocoa) / broken into small pieces.
- 250ml double cream
- 50g unsalted butter / dice up and bring to room temperature (till it's soft, do not let it melt)
- 1/4 heaped teaspoon of instant coffee granules
- cocoa powder to dust
In the picture you see above, I have added some chopped up hazelnut. You can of course add any kind of chopped up nuts that you fancy. How about try adding little bit of alcohol too?! like brandy!
1. Put the cream into a saucepan and bring it up to boiling point.
2. Put the chocolate and coffee into a mixing bowl and slowly pour the boiling cream onto the mixture. Gently stir until all the chocolate has melted, then leave to cool for approx 2-3 min.
3. Add the butter lumps and continue to stir gently. When you are done the ganache should have the consistency of mayonnaise and not have a oil slick floating on the surface.
4. Let your mixture cool for at least 3 hours in the fridge, or best to leave over night in a cool airy room.
5. Make sure your hands are cool, then spoon a little bit of the mixture into your hand and shape to desired size. Finally roll the chocolate balls in some cocoa powder and enjoy!
*The truffles can be kept for up to two days if just dusted in cocoa powder. If you want it to last longer, you can dip the chocolate balls in liquid chocolate before finally dusting them with cocoa powder.*
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!