This one is for all you Earl Grey tea lovers!
add to shopping list Ingredients
Ingredents for pudding (makes 6):
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 500ml milk
- 3 tbsp Earl Grey tea leaves
- 80g sugar
- 100g sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 50ml hot water
Preheat oven to 170degreeC (about 330F)
1. Milk Tea: Place 1/2 the milk and tea leaves in a small saucepan, boil over medium heat for about 5 min. Strain tea and add sugar and the other half of the milk.
2. Beat egg and egg yolks in large bowl but taking care not to generate too much foam. Add milk tea from step 1, divide among six oven-proof containers (ramekins or oven-proof tea cups if you have them).
3. Place pudding cups in a shallow pan, fill the pan with 70-80 degreeC water until the water almost reaches the same level as the pudding liquid. Bake for about 30 minutes and cool in fridge for at least 1 hour before eating.
4. While pudding is baking, make caramel sauce: place sugar and water in saucepan and heat over medium heat. Do not stir. When color turns dark golden, remove from heat and add the hot water. Cool at room temperature.
To serve, pour caramel sauce over pudding.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!