Lovely summer dessert that's easy to make. I don't actually have own any chefs rings, so I couldn't make a proper looking cheesecake. But actually, if you are in a rush then by using a soufflé dish or even a wine glass (as seen on an episode of The F Word, I think.) can save you time and will taste just as delicious!
add to shopping list Ingredients
- Digestive biscuits / Crushed to roughly the size of bread crumbs.
- Ground cinnamon
- Butter / melted
**Basic Cheese Topping**
- Double cream / whipped
- Mascarpone cheese
*For every unit of double cream used, add double the units of mascarpone cheese. e.g. when using 1tbsp of whipped double cream, add 2tbsp of mascarpone.*
- Caster sugar to taste
**Different flavours for the topping**
- Melted dark chocolate
- Chocolate shavings and nuts.
- Lemon or Orange grated zest.
- Vanilla pods and Vanilla essence.
- Fresh berries
- Tinned berries or cherries, served with melted sugar syrup mixed with little fruit syrup from the tin.
1. Mix together the melted butter, digestive biscuits and cinnamon.
2. Spoon the mixture into a chefs ring and press down with the back of a spoon to make the base. Place into the freezer for a short period of time.
3. In a bowl, combine the whipped cream, mascarpone cheese, sugar and any other extras for the topping.
4. Spoon into the chefs ring, on top of the biscuit base. Remove the chefs ring using a hot towel or blow torch quickly. If the mixture is too runny, then refrigerate before removing the chefs ring.
5. Garnish and serve!
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!