**Nice and easy dish for the long summer days.**
**I find the pomegranate not only brings some wonderful colours to the dish, it also adds a nice crunch to the texture and a delicate touch of sweetness to the palate.**
- Sweet red peppers
- Courgettes / sliced
- Aubergine / Sliced
- Lemon / for juice
- Olive oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt n' Pepper
1. Toast the red pepper under the grill or cook directly over a gas hob. keep turning until it's black and blisters all over. Place into a bowl and cover with cling film to steam for around 10min.
2. Place the oregano in a pestle and mortar with pinch of salt and mix, drizzle some olive oil and mix again. Coat the tuna in this mixture along with some lemon juice and good seasoning of salt and pepper. Leave to marinade on the side.
3. Peel the black skin off the sweet pepper, take out the seeds and rip to pieces.
4. Griddle the courgettes and aubergine slices in batches and place in the same bowl as the sweet pepper pieces.
5. Dress the vegetables with extra virgin olive oil, dash of balsamic vinegar and salt n' pepper and leave to the side.
6. Griddle the tuna for about 1min each side if you like it pink, longer if you prefer it to be more cooked through.
7. Check the seasoning of the vegetables again and toss with a handful of basil leaves.
8. Serve each portion of the vegetables with a slice of tuna resting on top.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!