This jelly is unique and interesting flavor.
add to shopping list Ingredients
• 55g rice flour
• 80g sweet potato flour
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp pepper
• 1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
• 250ml water
• 1/8 tsp alkaline water
• 160ml water
• Enough small cups or bowls
• 1 tbsp chopped garlic
• 2 tbsp dried prawns, chopped
• 3 tbsp preserved salted radish (choy poh), finely chopped
• 4 tbsp oil
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• dash of pepper
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1 tsp sugar
• A few drops sesame oil
• 75g palm sugar (gula melaka)
• 25g brown sugar
• 80ml water
• 1 pandan leaf, knotted
1) Combine ingredients (A) together and set aside for 30 minutes.
2) Bring (B) to a boil, then pour into combined mixture (A). Stir well to mix. Put mixture into a nonstick pan. Cook until just thick. (Do not overcook.)
3) Place greased patty tin moulds over steamer to heat up. Pour two tablespoons thick batter into heated moulds and steam over rapid boiling water for 10-11 minutes.
4) Remove steamed kuih and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve kuih with savoury filling or with sweet dipping sauce.
To make savoury topping:
1) Saute chopped garlic until golden and aromatic.
2) Remove 1 tbsp garlic oil and set aside for the Sweet Topping.
3) Add dried prawns and preserved radish and saute till fragrant.
4) Add seasoning and stir-fry well. Dish out and set aside.
To make sweet topping:
1) Combine all ingredients together in a small saucepan.
2) Cook to dissolve sugar. Strain then set aside.
3) Add one tablespoon garlic oil to the gula melaka syrup for added flavour.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!