Treat your special someone to this very delicious ravioli dish. Hopefully your sweetheart does not suffer from embarrassing foot odor because this dish will knock their socks off.
2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Tsp salt
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 Tbsp warm water
1 lbs Mild italian sausage meat
1/2 Cup ricotta cheese
1/2 Cup cream cheese
2 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp italian seasoning
1 Cup Sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
28oz can diced tomatoes
6 Basil leaves, chopped
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1. Starting with the ravioli dough, sift together 2 cups of flour and 1 tsp of salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together 2 of the eggs, 2 tbsp of olive oil and 4 tbsp of warm water.
3. Mix together the wet and dry ingredients folding and kneading until it forms dough. Add flour if the dough is too sticky or oil and water if the dough is too dry. Knead for 10 minutes.
4. Create a ball with the dough, wrap in cellophane and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. For the filling, start by adding 1/2 tbsp of olive oil to a pan over medium-high heat, followed by 1 lbs of sausage meat.
6. Add 2 tsp of onion powder and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning to the sausage and brown.
7. Transfer the sausage to a food processor and puree.
8. Put the sausage in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool.
9. Once the sausage has cooled, add back into the food processor with ½ cup of both cream cheese and ricotta cheese along with 1 egg.
10. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
11. For the sauce, add 2 Tbsp of the oil from the sundried tomatoes to a large sauce pan over medium-high heat.
12. Add 1 chopped onion and 3 minced garlic cloves to the pan and cook until the onions are clear.
13. Add 1 cup of drained sundried tomatoes and a 28oz can of diced tomatoes and cook until it starts to boil.
14. Add 6 large basil leaves, finely chopped.
15. Add 1 tsp of garlic powder and 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
16. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 45 minutes, stirring as needed.
17. Beat 1 egg together with 2 tbsp of water. This will be used to seal the ravioli.
18. Remove the dough from the refrigerator; roll it out until it is 2mm (1/6”) thick.
19. Spoon 1 tsp of ravioli filling onto the dough, about 2 inches from the edge.
20. Brush some of the egg and water mixture around the filling.
21. Fold some of the ravioli dough over the filling and press to seal. Make sure to press all around the filling, including the folded edge so that it can be cut into a heart without leaking.
22. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the ravioli.
23. Repeat with remaining dough.
24. Boil the ravioli until it floats, boiling for an additional 3-5 minutes afterwards.
25. Drain and dish the ravioli onto a plate and cover in the sauce.
26. Serve and enjoy!
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!