This is one of the tastiest ways of dressing up your instant ramen and was a staple for me during university. I still like to make it from time to time for reasons of nostalgia or having blown all my money on booze that month.
add to shopping list Ingredients
- any brand of instant ramen
- [kecap manis](http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/equivalents_substitutions.asp?index=K&tid=1776)
- maggi chilli sauce
- sesame oil
1. Begin cooking your instant ramen as per the packet instructions.
2. Whilst still a little hard ("al dente", if there is such a thing for instant ramen) turn off the heat and strain the soup away into a bowl to keep aside. Drain the noodles thoroughly.
3. Put the dry noodles in a bowl and mix in sesame oil, kecap manis and chilli sauce to taste.
4. Garnish with anything - flaked seasoned chicken, fried onions, chopped green onions or crushed cashew nuts work well. Serve with the soup on the side.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!