add to shopping list Ingredients
* 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
* 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
* 2tbsp of Dark Chocolate Cooking Powder
* 3tbs of caster sugar
* 2 eggs, separated
* 1 ½ cups (375ml) milk
* 90g unsalted butter, melted
* pinch salt
* Chocolate Sauce 25g copha
* 200g dark chocolate
* 200ml thickened cream, lightly whipped
* 150g strawberries, hulled, halved
1. Roughly chop 150g chocolate and place in a pan with copha. Stir over low heat until both have melted and mixture is smooth, then set aside. Finely chop remaining 50g chocolate. Stir through cream. Chill until ready to serve
2. Sift flour, soda and coca into a bowl and stir in sugar. Whisk in egg yolks, milk and butter until smooth. In another bowl, beat eggwhites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form, then use a metal spoon to carefully fold whites into batter.
3. Preheat an electric waffle iron. Pour in enough batter to cover the base of the iron and cook according to manufacturer's directions. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve waffles with choc-chip cream, chocolate sauce and strawberries.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!