A nice custard dessert with caramel sauce.
add to shopping list Ingredients
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
12 egg yolks
3 cans evaporated milk (13 oz)
1 can condensed milk (14 oz)
1 tsp vanilla
1. To make the caramel, mix water and sugar in a saucepan. Boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is melted. Let it cook for a few minutes until slightly thickened stirring from time to time to avoid burning.
2. Pour your caramel syrup into flan molds or custard cups. Tilt them to make sure the surface is evenly covered. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl combine all the custard ingredients. Gently mix them together. Avoid making too much bubbles so that your flan would be smooth and wont have those bubble holes when cooked.
4. Strain the mixture as you pour them over the caramel covered molds slowly. Cover molds with aluminum foil.
5. You can choose between steaming this in a big double broiler or bake in the oven for about an hour or until the custard is firm. If you would do this in the oven make sure to put the flan molds in a bigger tray filled with some water.
6. Cool before unmolding in a platter. Serve and enjoy!
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!