I love tea so I like baking yummy tea fare. These blueberry scones are a favorite among my family and friends. I usually think scones are too dry, but these are nice and moist. I recommend using fresh picked blueberries from a nearby farmers market, if you can get them. I love the big fat sweet ones. The better the quality of the blueberries, the more delicious these scones will be!
add to shopping list Ingredients
2 cups flour
3 tbls (heaping) sugar
1 tbls baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
6 tbls (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
2 (heaping) cups blueberries, washed and dry
Zest from an entire lemon
1/3 cup heavy cream
1. Mix dry ingredients until uniform.
2. Cut up butter into small pieces, mix into dry ingredients.
3. Add zest and blueberries
4. Beat eggs with the cream (lightly)
5. Add egg and cream mixture and incorporate gently--try not to break any blueberries (although there are always some casualties in this process)
6. Mix until there are no more dry crumbs left
7. Form a large square with the dough, break into 8 triangular scone-shaped pieces by hand
8. Place on parchment paper on a large baking sheet
9. (Optional:) Brush with more cream and sprinkle with sugar
10. Bake for 20mins at 400F (until slightly browned)
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!