Cookies are beautiful and delicious but so unhealthy! These are slightly healthier so it's not so bad.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
2 tbsp butter, room temperature
1/4 c plain apple sauce
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Add cinnamon if using raisins, instead of chocolate chips.
4. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars.
5. Beat in the egg, followed by the applesauce and the vanilla extract.
5. Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain.
6. Add chocolate chips or raisins just before the batter comes together.
7.Drop tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 9-12 min at 375F.
8. Cookies will be light brown at the edges, but will not get as dark and golden as regular cookies.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!