1 x small onion1 x clove of garlic (or more if you won't be kissing anyone for the rest of the day)1 x large mushroom (or a couple of small ones)1 x tin of mackerel fillets in tomato and basil sauce75g pasta (whatever kind you like - I prefer wholewheat penne)1 tsp salt1 tsp pepper1 tsp dried oregano1 tsp dried basil1 tsp cooking oil (I use sunflower oil, but olive oil would probably also work)
1. Chop your onion, garlic and mushroom.
2. Put a large pan of salted water on to boil.
3. Put the oil into a frying pan, and sauté the onion and garlic until it's almost done.
4. Water's probably ready now. Add the pasta, return to the boil and boil for however long the packet says.
5. MEANWHILE - add the mackerel fillets, bashing them with a spoon so that they break up. The idea is small pieces to go with small pieces of onion, garlic and mushroom.
6. Add the herbs, salt and pepper. Lower the heat to a simmer.
7. Drain pasta once it's done, and serve the mackerel over it.
(By the way, I'll change the photo next time I make this one. But here are some leftovers!)
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!