add to shopping list Ingredients
Mushrooms...i use what i can get. Champignons are ok, but Morel, Porchini, Oister or Portabello have more taste...use about two handfulls, cut up in pieces.1 cut up union1 cut up fennelGarlicParsleyRisotto rice, for 4 persons about 3 handfullsWhite wine Stock...i use a porchini-cube to make stock for this risoto, but fresh vegetable stock or even chicken stock is also okJuice of a lemmonFres grind pepper/saltParmesan cheeseBit of butter and oil
I love making risotto...all the stirring, its worth it!!! Trust me...do it slow and easy, wont even take that much time...and its so jummm
- Use a thick pan if you have it. Heat up the oil and let the union and garlic simmer for a while, until glazed.
- Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon until the rice goes kind of "see-trough" a bit.
- Splash with a glass of white wine, and add the mushrooms and fennel. Stir until the wine is absorbed.
- Start adding bits of soup. Stir the rice to absorb the soup over and over again till "al dente". This will take about 25 minutes.
- When the last soup is absorbed, put in the lemmon juice, a bit of butter and the parsley. The stock is already salted, but taste to see if it needs a bit more. It will need a lot of pepper! Stir the whole thing again and, Voila!!!
- Serve with fresh grind parmesan..
Once you know the way to make risotto start experimenting. Add some Spinage at the last moment...or vari with fish or chicken....and dont forget...it tastes better the second day! That makes risotto the perfect dish to prepare a day in advance!
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!