Mussels are one of my absolute favorite foods. This dish combines mushroom and white wine to create a taste you'll want to experience again for sure! Hope you enjoy it.
add to shopping list Ingredients
- wild mushrooms
- white wine
1. Chop finely equal parts of celery, carrots and onions. I usually use 1 carrot, 1/2 of an onion and 1 or 2 stalk of celery.
2. In a big pot on med-high, add butter and/or olive oil and add mirepoix (celery, onion, carrot) in the pot and sautee for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add wild mushrooms and continue to sautee for 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour in a glass of a white wine of choice and add mussels and close the lid.
5. Wait 5-8 minutes until mussels open and look ready to eat.
6. Fish out mussels and make sure the mussel liquor goes into the pot. Set aside mussels.
7. Take 4-6 meat from the mussels, together with 2-3 tablespoons of mirepoix/wine/mushroom mixture from the pot and pop in blender and smoothen. This will be your sauce.
8. Arrange the mussels on a plate and spoon over the blended sauce, together with the chunky sauce from the bottom of the pot.
9. Garnish with vertically sliced green onions.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!