This is one of my husband's favorite and his family too. When I first married my Irish husband he liked everything plain like the corned beef, roast beef, chicken soup. One day I decided to spice them all. Now they are his favorite meals. No more plain cooking.
3-4 pounds corned beef flat cut
6 large potatoes peeled and cut in half crosswise
1 1 cabbage cut in small wedges
2 large onions cut in wedges
5-6 carrots peeled and cut to 2-inch pieces
1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
1-1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
dash of ground black pepper to taste
1. Remove corned beef from package and rinse under cold water.
2. Place it in a large enough pot and cover it completely with cold water.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about one hour.
4. Poke the corned beef on both side with a fork add paprika and garlic powder and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
5. Add potatoes, onions and carrots, simmer for 20 minutes, then add the cabbage and simmer until all vegetables are tender.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!