Use this dough for many different applications. Makes a great meat pie!
1. Mix dry ingredients and oil until mixture is crumbly.
2. Stir in water, 1 T. at a time, just until mixture holds together.
3. Form into ball. Divide in half.
4. With hands, roll each half into a ball.
5. Spread a large piece of plastic wrap on counter.
6. Place one dough ball on plastic wrap.
7. Cover with a second sheet of plastic wrap.
8. Using rolling pin, roll dough out between sheets of plastic wrap. You may have to watch the edge and lift up the wrap and make sure it's not catching on the dough. Roll into a circular shape that will cover the base of the pie pan.
9. Lay first crust in pan. Press into shape. Prick with fork.
10. Fill crust as desired.
11. Repeat rolling as in step 8, using second ball of dough.
12. Lay second crust over filling, pinching and trimming edges to form a neat crust. Slice venting holes in top crust.
13. Cover crust with strips of aluminum foil. Bake at 425 for appx. 20-30 minutes.
14. Remove aluminum strips; bake for another 20-30 minutes.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!