Whenever I try to roast asparagus in the oven, I tend to space out and overcook it. I found that the quickest way to get perfectly cooked asparagus was to zap it for a few minutes in the microwave. The best part is you literally cook it right before serving, so everyone gets it steaming hot with a light crunch.
salt and pepper to taste
sprinkle of water
saran wrap (plastic wrap)
1. Trim asparagus by snapping the woodier, wide part at its natural breaking point.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Plate.
3. Run your clean hand under the tap and literally sprinkle the asparagus with some droplets of water.
4. Cover the plate securely with plastic wrap.
5. Microwave on high for 2 minutes and 15 seconds.
6. Be careful removing saran wrap as a good amount of steam has collected beneath it. Give it a light squeeze of lemon.
7. Serve with butter or a light drizzle of olive oil (both optional).
Asparagus should be bright green, cooked through with a slight crunch. You may want to experiment with the length of time you zap in the microwave (bc everyone's microwave is different), but in my experience, anything between 2 to 2.5 minutes works out.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!