I used pesto and some ingredients such as tomato and bacon to give this tortellini dish an amazing amount of character. You will absolutely love this pasta dish!!
- 1/2 lb (or 250g) tortellini with your favorite filling
- one avocado
- one pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 a small onion
- some olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pesto (check out my recipe for homemade!)
1. Chop up the bacon to small pieces and fry up until crisp. Blot off the fat and set aside.
2. Boil tortellini as directed and drain. (I find that spinach & ricotta or mushroom & gruyère filled tortellini work the best.)
3. Dice the onion and sweat in a pan with some olive oil until translucent.
4. Add the bacon, tortellini, pesto and cream (as needed). Stir well until pesto covers the tortellini evenly. If you work fast all the ingredients should still be warm, which helps spread the pesto paste.
5. Add the avocado and some tomatoes and mix carefully so that you don't destroy the avocado.
If you like, just before serving, add some more tomato halves and avocado to the top for presentation points.
Feel free to omit the bacon to make this dish vegetarian.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!