The sauce keeps in the fridge for weeks - add it to icecream at any time and its good with a fruit salad and yoghurt.
add to shopping list Ingredients
Hard pears (1 per person)
best vanilla icecream
1. Peel and core the pears - coring means that they cook evenly.
2. Place the pears in a saucepan deep enough to allow the pears to submerge.
3. Break a cinnamon stick into the saucepan
4. Peel and slice an inch or so of fresh ginger root
5. Fill the saucepan with orange juice until pears are submerged (they will tip over)
6. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a slow simmer for 20-60 minutes until the pears are cooked through, but not so soft they won't stand upright.
7. Remove the pears to a plate and cover. They will be served at room temperature.
8. Turn up the heat and reduce the orange juice, ginger and cinnamon until it is thick and sticky.
9. Spoon the sauce on to a plate, with some ginger and shreds of cinnamon. Stand the pear in the sauce and add a good dollop if best vanilla icecream.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!