Traditionally, this is served during Hanukkah, but being that I'm not Jewish, I make it when I'm needing a fried potato fix.
add to shopping list Ingredients
- 1 large Idaho potato, shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1 fuji apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 small asian pear (ya pear), peeled
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- splash of lemon juice
- pinch of salt
1. Combine potato and red onion with beaten eggs.
2. Liberally salt and pepper.
3. Under high heat, fry potato mixture in oil until sides are brown and underside is golden. Flip and do the same to other side.
4. When cooked, pat excess oil off pancakes with paper towels. Set aside.
5. Makes approximately 8 pancakes.
1. In small saucepan, combine apples, pears, lemon juice, water, sugar and salt.
2. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium flame.
3. When apples and pears are tender, mash with fork.
4. Simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated and sauce has thickened.
5. Serve warm with potato pancake.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!