These make a perfect appetizer or light lunch. They're much better than the take out kind.
1 carton spicy lemongrass tofu (from my local asian market)
10 rice spring roll skins
1 russet potato, peeled
1 carrot, peeled
4 baby leeks
1. cut potato as if you are going to make skinny fries
2. boil potato slivers until just softened
3. drain potatoes
4. shave carrot with potato peeler
5. boil carrot shavings until just softened
6. drain carrots
7. chop spicy tofu into smaller pieces
8. coarsely chop leeks
9. soften the spring roll skins per packaging (generally soaking in hot, not boiling, water for about 30 seconds)
10. place skin on flat surface
11. layer in a few carrot shavings, a few potato slivers, several pieces of tofu, and a couple sprinkles of leek, just below the center of the skin
12. fold the bottom of the skin over the ingredients
13. fold the sides of the skin in
14. finish rolling
15. enjoy with some tasty dipping sauce, or deep fry then enjoy!
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!