Great for breakfast or on yogurt.
5 cups thick rolled oats
1 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup chopped cashew nuts
1/2 cup chopped pecans
pinch Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup
scant 1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup date pieces
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350º F (325º for convection)
2. Combine oats, germ, nuts, salt, vanilla, maple syrup and honey.
3. Mix well.
4. Spread granola evenly on lined cookie sheet and bake about 10 minutes.
5. Turn and fluff granola to ensure even cooking.
6. Turn oven down to 300º F.
7. Continue to bake, turning and fluffing occasionally, until granola browns; the final crunchiness is up to your taste.
8. Remove from oven and transfer to a large bowl.
9. Mix in raisins, dates and cranberries.
10. Allow to cool, then store in airtight container.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!