Dish may be served warm or cold with pita or crusty bread of choice.
add to shopping list Ingredients
1 large American eggplant
1 clove garlic
6 sprigs coriander finely chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon chili pepper, optional
1 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon red or black olives
½ lemon, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Wash and peel the eggplant; cut it in half, salt and keep aside for 10 minutes.
Rinse, then and drain on paper towel. This is the best way to get rid of the
bitter juice of the eggplant.
2. Cut the eggplant in cubes.
3. Heat one cup of water to boil in a pan. Place the eggplants cubes, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika , chili pepper and garlic into pan.
4. Cover and let cook for 10 to 15 minutes on low heat.
5. Check from time to time to see if the eggplants cubes are done. They should be very soft when pricked with knife or fork.
6. Drain the eggplant in a strainer for approximately 5 minutes or until no more water drips.
7. In a medium skillet, heat the oil, add the eggplants, one chopped garlic clove, and chopped coriander. Saute them until they are brown. Let cool and mash with potato ricer or large spatula. Before serving, sprinkle with lemon juice, salt to taste, and read adjust the seasoning to taste.
8. Place eggplant mixture on serving plate and garnish with olives and sliced lemons.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!