This is a really fun cake, perfect for birthdays!
add to shopping list Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups self-raising flour
4-5 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar until creamy and light in colour.
2. Add milk and oil, and continue beating until well blended.
3. Add vanilla extractto the mixture. Gradually add flour and then beat until the batter is smooth and the dry ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
4. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions. Keep one portion plain. Add cocoa powder into another and mix well. The color of the cocoa batter should be quite dark, so add more if needed.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C.
6. The most important part is assembling the cake batter in a baking pan. This is what you do. Scoop 3 heaped tablespoons of plain batter (you can also use a ladle that would hold 3 tablespoons) into the middle of the baking pan. Then scoop 3 tablespoons of cocoa batter and pour it in the center on top of the plain batter.
NOTE: Do not spread the batter or tilt the pan to distribute the mixture. It will spread by itself and fill the pan gradually. Continue alternating the batters until you finish them.
7. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
Post a Question or Commentblog comments powered by Disqus
Great Meal Ideas & More!